Submitted: 09-03-2003 by Don

I purchased the boat from REI several weeks ago and at first thought that I might return it. HOWEVER, after speaking with the designer of the boat and making some VERY minor adjustments (seat, floor positions, gear), I grow more satisfied with the boat each trip. From the valves to the internal air frame to the outer skin to the inflatable cockpit coaming the quality and attention to detail is impressive. I had early problems with tracking and its tendency to spin into the wind whenever I stopped paddling. I am 5'10" 260 lbs and so the boat loads heavy to the stern. By shifting the floor back about 8" to 10" and loading a little gear and water forward, the boat did much better. When I further shifted the seat (very comfortable) forward 2" to 4", the boat did very well in large boat wakes 2' to 3', small chop 1' and quartering winds 10 to 15 mph on San Diego Bay. As an added touch, my ultralight fabric spray skirt intended for my Sealion Eclipse touring kayak, fit nicely over the cockpit coaming. For the money spent, I don't think I could have dreamed of getting more boat for the buck. BTW The AirFrame also has a killer bag for its inflatable kayak. You won't need to buy another bag for it. Thank you Advanced Elements, you do nice work.