Submitted: 09-02-2003 by Tom Bell

This is a small lightweight inflatable kayak. Like others of this manufacturer it comes with a bow and stern made of solid plastic that are meant to give improved performance in the water. It weighs around 8-9lb and claims to carry 250lbs. It is quick to inflate. There is one main inflation chamber for the walls of the kayak. Here there is a two-way Boston valve. There are auxiliary inflation chambers for the floor etc. It has a good quality high dernier PVC laminate cover which is quite strong and a PVC strengthened floor. It comes with its own bag and is easy and quick to inflate. On my first attempt this took less than 5 minutes. I used this extensively for a week on a lough in Fermanagh in Northern Ireland. I found it a delight to use. The firm bow did appear to help performance. It is not self-draining. It has a tracking fin, which certainly helps performance. It is ideal for loughs and rivers but I don't think would be suitable for surf or whitewater conditions. Care must be taken with over-inflation as the seams and construction are not as robust as some Kayaks. Still this has given us all fun in the family. One small problem is that because you sit well down some who used it found that it was difficult not to catch the material on the sides with their fingernails when rowing. I would certainly recommend it for this light sort of use. It is easy to carry but I would prefer an arrangement with a backpack rather than a bag. Great fun on the water. Recommended.