Submitted: 08-26-2003 by Bill K.

The Aleut offer exceptional value in meeting the needs that MOST paddlers have.It certainly meets mine. I will never take a three month paddling expedition or circumnavigate Lake Erie. All I want and need is a quality boat that will safely let me take my three hour excursions without much fuss .The Aleut does this very well. The Folbot corporate support system is without compare no matter how much you spend. If something breaks---they fix it with a grateful heart. They truly mean what they say about their warranty . For safety sake, the Aleut is rock solid and very versatile for fishing or puttering about. It always tracks like a train. Turning takes a little effort but I never zig-zag down the lake. My rudder has NEVER been out of its packing bag. My numerous paddling mistakes are readily forgiven by this design. Other boats are faster and more responsive but for my dollar ther is no better "Bang For My Buck". I would recomment it to anyone.