Submitted: 08-25-2003 by David Andrews

I have an old red Lobo that I have modified for my style of salt water fishing. The floatation in the front and back keep it from sinking if flipped, but getting back inside while in deep water is impossible. I have fastened two of those foam "Noodles" to the inside so that it will remain upright even while full of water so that I may be able to get in now. My rod holder for trolling is a PVC pipe inserted in a hole just behind the front floatation and when a fish hits, the whole kayak vibrates. I took the seat out to get lower to the bottom and use a thin pad and a foam backrest that I made. It is easy to drill holes in the hull to add fasteners and such and I made a paddle holder and a holder for my tackle box so it is on top and does not move around. My rain poncho works in a heavy rain to keep water out and I can stay dry using a long bungee cord to hold the edges of the poncho under the edges of the cockpit. It has been a very usefull boat for a few years now. I still like it but could make a couple of suggestions to the company for minor improvements.