Submitted: 08-19-2003 by Kbf

This is a very good looking boat and it fits me perfectly. I am 6' 2" 238lb 34 inch waist 28" thigh (from weight training) and size 13 shoe. The boat has good initial and secondary stability and the carbonlight material is fantastic. Carbonlight is stiff, strong and light. Performance is another story.

This boat has a blunt bow keel, its about as sharp as my wrist and it does not slice through the water the way many other boats do. Instead it pushes its way through the water similar to a tug boat (you provide the push). As a result the tracking is very poor. With the skeg up its similar to paddling a raft, all water disturbances will affect your direction (boat wakes, waves) constant corrections are necessary to stay on course. Skeg down is mandatory but don't paddle down wind with skeg down. This boat weathercocks badly and doesn't respond to weight shifts.

This boat comes complete with deck lines, spare paddle holder, compass mount and two cavernous storage compartments. The front bungie lines form a huge X. This X is so large that it only holds the largest items in place. Water bottles, maps, paddle float and pump will be retrieved from the water many times during your outing.

I rented this boat several times and spent several hours in it each time in different conditions to see if this was the boat for me. It is very accommodating and that's about it. I give this boat a Rating of 5.

Other boats I have tried that perform better:

• Prijon Kodiak - Tight in foot area