Submitted: 08-18-2003 by Ben Moll

I should have paddled the Elle before I bought my Currituck. Big mistake, so I am selling my Currituck to another instructor where I work and getting a yellow kevlar Ellesmere. This is a great sea kayak. It is 17 feet long and 22 inches wide. The unusual hull design allows the boat to have the secondary stability of a hard chine boat yet be as efficient as a soft chine boat. And man does this boat lean, I can do a 180 degree turn in it no sweat. In large seas the boat handles fantasticly, and is very fun and easy to surf. It does tend to weathercock a bit in a stiff wind but it is easily solved by dropping the skeg. The shear lines of this kayak are absolutely beautiful, and it is one of the prettiest kayaks I have ever seen. The low back deck is great for lay back braces and rolls, and the raised front deck sheds water nicely.

Sea Specs: