Submitted: 08-18-2003 by HarryPotter

I have had my Blackwater 12.5 for several months now and have paddled it mostly on lakes and rivers, but also on somewhat choppy water on the Long Island Sound. I am more than happy with my purchase. I bought it as a second smaller boat so that friends could join me (my primary boat is a QCC 500.) The Blackwater 12.5 is really fun to paddle, very maneuverable and tracks pretty well. I have no trouble whatsoever making the boat go straight and amost never use the skeg. I use the boat several times per week for fitness paddling and it serves its function well. The seat is quite comfortable and I feel as though the boat was custom made for me (I am 6'1" and weigh 185 and have decent sized thighs--don't feel cramped in any way) The rear bulkhead has moderate space for some gear for a daytrip or for an overnight. The boat feels very stable--it is great for a beginner or intermediate paddler to practice edging, turns, etc. It is a fun boat to develop skills, have fun and is light enough to carry up steps and put on a car without difficulty. Would highly recommend boat since it serves multiple functions.