Submitted: 08-14-2003 by dianewagner

I just started kayaking and rented several kayaks with no problem(since I am a large person I was afraid that it would be a problem). I had a ball and enjoyed kayaking so I went out and bought a kayak, a Frenzy, It is very nice, fits great on top of the car but even though I am below the weight limitations it is not meant for anyone that is thick in the bottom. It is very uncomfortable within 1\2 hr my lower back is in knots from the way you have to sit. Not only does you back and thighs hurts you also strain your shoulders and arms from the unnatural way you sit when you paddle. And even though I only used it once( and that was for 1 1/2, when I asked to exchange it for a different type of a kayak that I would be better fitted for the manager refused to take the boat out. Until I read this product review page I did not know that there are some dealer/stores that let you try them out. I am very unhappy and extremely upset with the store. Hopefully, when I talk to the owner tomorrow he will be a little understanding. SO A WORD TO THE WISE, BE SURE THE KAYAK YOU ARE BUYING IS RIGHT FOR YOU. Since I am really new at this and am in a boat that does not fit I really can not tell you if it is good or not as far as the other issues go.

Talic: