Submitted: 08-14-2003 by darrenz

I just bought the boat and I love it. Before buying I paddled a Dagger Savannah, Perception Carolina, and a leftover Perception Corona. The Savannah was fast but difficult to turn and had an uncomfortable seat. The Carolina was extremely sluggish and difficult to turn - very entry level. The Corona was very fast and could maneuver but felt as if it always wanted to tip. The Looksha Sport was fast, but not as fast as the Corona, it maneuvered very well, it felt a little tippy but nothing too much. My first real paddle was on a very fast but narrow class one creek. The boat was awesome. I paddled with a few other touring kayaks and a bunch of recreational kayaks. Except for the Dagger Savannah, my Necky was much faster than the other kayaks and it maneuvered well on the narrow 100 ft wide creek. It took some time to get used to the secondary stability though. If you buy this boat and don't know what secondary stability is, I guarantee you will know secondary stability after paddling around a few hours on a creek or river. And the seat is air pumped - very comfortable. If your looking at entry level boat in the 800$ range I urge you to consider the few extra hundred for this boat. YOu can grow with it and it really is twice the boat as some of the other boats I was considering.

pros: a great looking boat, seat very comfortable, fast, maneuverable, not too heavy, good storage, water proof hatches, great secondary stability

cons: felt cramped in at times because of thigh braces, Im only 5ft7in 180 lbs, didn't seem to track really well, get the ruddder if you can because I think It'll come in handy even on rivers.