Submitted: 08-14-2003 by Chris Moore

I love this boat! I learned to paddle in Ocean Kayak Scupper Pros, which track great in big water, but are vary narrow and dump in surf. In the Swing I can easily keep up with my buds in Scupper Pros on open ocean, yet I can surf much more easily than other multi-purpose boats I've tried.

I'm 6'3, 220, and some boats just seem too small and cramped -- not so the Swing. My wife is only 5'5" 125, and she has no problem handling the boat -- although it's a little heavy for her to handle out of the water.

I would recommend buying a good backrest or full seat, and for cold water, some scupper plugs for under the seats and foot holes. Even with a wetsuit and booties, it can be a cold ride.

For an all around sit on top with great lateral stability, you can't beat this boat. (If you're looking at an Ocean Kayak Scrambler or Scrambler XT, try a Swing out as well. They don't stack like the OKs, but they also don't have that annoying wave-slap on the bow -- and they cut through waves better on surf launches. Sort of depends on your priorities. Both are stable boats.)

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: