Submitted: 08-06-2003 by swimmerone
I've owned my Seayak for 5 years now (a review I did earlier is the first posting here). The Seayak was my first kayak; it now shares my house with 3 other kayaks. I have paddled this boat on the Potomac River in both flat water and whitewater. It's been in the Atlantic off NC and NH. It spent three days fishing with me in Lake George surrounded by motorboats. I learned to run rapids and roll in this kayak. Simply stated, this is a damn good boat. Sure, it's not as fast and nimble as my P&H Sirius M nor a rollable as my Necky Rip or Wave Sport Z. It is what it is - a rigid, agile(for plasic) boat with good primary and excellent secondary stability. I can edge in this boat and keep it there like it was nailed. I took off the rudder to roll and turn better. I love the look of the prow. For most people who kayak, this is all the boat you would need - you can begin here and grow into it's capabilities.