Submitted: 08-05-2003 by SLG

I love this kayak! I recently purchased this kayak on sale at EMS (which as of 2003, sells the Sierra exclusively). After trying many kayaks I kinda of lucked out because I was not able to test this boat on the water before buying. I just went on feel and the dimensions, cockpit size, etc. Well to my relief it is the best kayak I ever paddled! I am a larger person and this kayak handled me well! Tracked great, not to big or small, very stable and FUN, FUN, FUN! I am a novice and I handled this baby like a pro! My husband has had a Wilderness Systems Pamlico 14.0 for awhile now and wants to sell it for a Sierra! He loves the fact that it is fast, comfortable and more managable at only 11 feet. You can basically just throw it on the car and go..I can even carry it. His Pamlico takes two people and is so awkward. The footrest are a breeze to adjust, you can do it while sitting in the boat, lots of leg room and great hatch for storage. Large cockpit for easier entry and exits. This is the perfect all around boat in my opinion! And at $399. (on sale) it can't be beat!