Submitted: 08-04-2003 by Hamish Osborn

I have just got hold of a new Excursion. I use it in South Wales, UK mainly on the sea but also on easy rivers. I bought it mainly to use with my daughters who are now old enough to paddle in the front on a double. Over all I am very pleased. It is stable comfortable, fast enough and light enough for me to paddle when the front paddler is tired. The plastic is very stiff and seems to resist scratching very well. It was well fitted out for the price and was some 20% cheaper than the other similar doubles I looked at. This boat in cross section has a concave section just around the water line, then gooes concave below and has a chine just before the keel- in other word it is a little like a folding boat in section and has a aimilar feel in terms of stability and easy handling. It has a slightly blunt bow which probably slows it down a little and it needs a rudder on the open sea. It surfs really well in the right kind of following sea. In general I am really pleased with the boat and would recommend it. As a Prijon convert I am now looking at the Touryak as a single- has anyone any experience of this boat?