Submitted: 08-04-2003 by sfellows

I just took my new Legend 15 on its maiden voyage--the Allagash Waterway in Maine. I had opportunity to paddle it both tandem and solo, on flat water and class I-II rapids, loaded and unloaded. It handled each of these categories with finesse, and I was especially impressed with its easy manueverability. I was the envy of Maine guides, tourists, and experienced boaters. I was expecting a much slower canoe in flat water venues, but was pleasantly surprised with its ability to move right along. The tandem kayaks couldn't keep up, and we weren't pushing it. The only time I struggled to keep on track was during a terrific storm that came up while out in the middle of a lake section, otherwise it tracked reasonably well with proper strokes. Secondary stability is awesome--even loaded to the gills. I portaged for 1/3 mile solo and the canoe was very easy to handle, and with a padded yoke, comfortable to carry. I love the way this canoe is set up for both tandem and solo paddling. In each case, it was a delightful experience. I did alot of research before purchasing this canoe, and was expecting it to meet my needs, but the canoe turned out to be better than I expected, and I give it a 10 for an awesome moving water touring canoe.