Submitted: 07-30-2003 by mkircus

I, a 61 year old 5'2" woman, fell in love with the Performa the first time I tried it at the Surf Fest in Corpus Chisti. It surfs on the smallest waves, allows an old lady to easily keep with kayaks over a foot longer and paddled by younger guys and feels like it knows what it is doing so makes me trust it.

It has no rudder but is so easy to steer that to think a line is to achieve it. It has plenty of room for packing camping gear for multi day trips. It has pretty good primary stability, but probably not as much as beginners would want, and really excellent secondary stability. I got caught in a blue norther and had my paddle blown across the boat, forcing me over. I never braced but when I turned loose of my upper hand grasp on my paddle, the boat rolled me back up.

And the price on this boat makes it affordable to almost anyone, even those who think they can only afford plastic. I have been paddling it for 2 years and still consider it one of the fastest and easiest to paddle kayaks on the market, especially for smaller paddlers.

Talic: