Submitted: 07-29-2003 by CARG

This is my first boat after having tried several others. I have had it for a little over a year now and have loved it. It has paddled quite well island hopping on the Maine coast and I have had little to no trouble manouvering it about while rock gardening. It laughs at barnacles! It does tend to weather cock in the wind, but a strong lean usually will set you straight. It also surfs quite well. Currently my only beef with it is that my bulkheads are leaking. I have tried various caulking measures to reduce the problem, but have not been as successful as I would like. Since I usually only take it for day trips, this has not become too much of a problem, but after a day of surfing a hatch full of water gets a little annoying. Regardless: I highly recommend it as a "starter boat." It paddles well and is durable .