Submitted: 07-28-2003 by Nonsense9

38 ounces, aluminum shaft with rubber grips, assymetrical cupped blades, adjustable for feathering. This 7 rating is very positive. For an inexpensive paddle, the Whisper does quite well. I bought the 240 which is technically too long for me, but I knew after my demos that I did not like the 220, and the store did not have any 230's in my price range (good hints for Christmas presents, eh?). However, the extra length did allow a lot of force to be placed while paddling, and it also allowed a bit of extra reach for various reasons. This paddle got me where I was going, and I never noticed excessive weight, so I'll keep it. Note that with an aluminum shaft, it could also be cut off and the feathering holes re-drilled to make a shorter paddle for a youngster or shorter paddler. Would you cut off your kevlar shaft paddle?