Submitted: 07-28-2003 by j.v.

I purchased a kevlar tripper with gelcoat. I have done multiple trips mostly lake. The canoe tracks well it has a good cruising speed the initial and the final stability are also good. Clipper claims that the boat will handle up to grade 3 white water maybe with a spray skirt but the boat has nearly straight keel and there isnít enough rocker on the boat to make maneuverable. Clipper uses a hand laid method of applying resin witch is generally heavier than using a vacuum bag method. Clipper claimed 60 lbs for the canoe I have confirmed it. The manufacture has done a nice job on the kevlar lay up, but all the fit and finish regarding the hardware is of poor finish and quality. They're using 1*1 aluminum hangers for the seats where the corners still have rough edges on it. My wife has nicked her ankle on it. Rivets are used to attach the hardware through the kevlar, the rivets that they use are also to long which are exposed. My boat came with a standard foot brace which was not perpendicular to the side of the gunnels poor installation. Base price is $2350 Canadian, add a couple of option including vinylester resin and the price creeps up. Overall I don't recommend this. I have owned numerous canoes and if you're looking for a tripping canoe for the price you get a lot more canoe for you're buck from different manufacturer.