Submitted: 07-22-2003 by ghaldeman

I'd describe this as a rough water, light tripping canoe. Definitely designed for moving water, I think this would be a very different boat with a load. I have only used it on the Slippery Rock Creek in PA, but I got through everywhere high and dry. It turns easily (but no like my Dagger Encore), was comfortable for an 8 hour day, caught eddies and tracked straight enough for moving water. It's light weight (compared to my MR Freedom) made it a pleasure to be enjoyed. I was fishing a lot of the day and it was easy to place anywhere and went upstream easily to unsnag lures. I wouldn't hesitate to use this on class III (airbags, natch) or near shore lake trips. I think the wind would play havoc on open water. The boat responds well to proper and efficient strokes. For the experienced paddler, it just goes without thinking too much.