Submitted: 07-22-2003 by ttellerma

I purchased my Eskia 16 months ago as an Expedition boat (to supplement my Looksha Sport) and paddled it 300+ last summer on the Gulf of Maine Expedition, in a huge variety of wind/sea including some exciting open water crossings - it performed very well in all conditions (a fairly wet ride in seas due to low dolphin bow - but it also tracked well in quartering seas - a compromise that works for me).

The boat carried a great deal of gear including substantial deck loads at times without complaint, and paddled very easily for a fairly short, fairly wide touring boat.

After six weeks of living in the boat and camping downeast Maine to the top of the Bay of Fundy, I ended up liking it more than when I started!

Note: I am a big guy - 6' and 240 - and the boat was a comfortable fit. Might be too roomy for a much smaller paddler.