Submitted: 07-21-2003 by Dan

I've been kayaking for about 7 years. Have had my Zoar Sport for little over a year and have paddled in about 18 different locations between the SF Bay Area and Lake Tahoe. This Necky has been superb in all conditions with a stability from start to finish that has given me more confidence and helped improve my skills as a paddler. My old boat (that a local dealer allowed trade -in value toward the Zoar) handled more like a canoe in comparison, and quite honestly, the Zoar's bulletproof stability took some getting used to. It floats over wakes and confused seas that used to send my former kayak into fits. I'm a big fan of that diamond hull. I've been okay with the stock seat, but after reading others' reviews thought it wise to add a self-inflating cushion under the stock seat. Highly recommend this simple and inexpensive outfitting. Since I acquired the Zoar, I can't get enough of hitting the water, anytime, anywhere, and have found many a delightful spot to put in within a 30-45 minute radius of my home.

If you're looking for a great boat for coastal explorations, wandering through marinas, basking in early morning flatwater birding sorties, taking on your less-challenging rivers, boat camping, or simply getting lost only to paddle your way home hours later (make sure you always carry lots of water, sunscreen, and some food), the Zoar sport has all the comfort, storage, and capability of any boat in its price range and slightly above. If I had the money to burn, I don't think I could find a simply more enjoyable paddling platform.

Vasa, Inc.: