Submitted: 07-09-2003 by ohblackwater

I bought my boat (Loon 138) a few weeks ago. I've been out on it a couple of times one short "try-out" and one 12-mile river ride. I found the boat to be quite stable both primary and secondary. Tracking is good and so is turning ability. I appreciate the large cockpit. I bought the boat primarily because I want to use it on slow rivers, etc...the weight capacity is 380, and I'm a 190 lb 5'6" guy. I think that the boat is very comfortable although my seat back was initially leaning too far back. I'd rather sit a bit more upright, but I'm sure that's just a matter of my adjusting it to my preferences. I love the simplicity of the boat and the lack of hatches/bulkheads. I read that some of the other boats I considered would leak around the hatches and bulkheads regularly so I just decided it would be better to get a simple reliable boat that would fit my purposes. The first day I got it, I pulled it off the top of my van and dropped it on the concrete driveway. I still can't find any remnants of damage that occurred as a result of the drop. I got a few scratches on the bottom of it from the 12 miler, but those are just signs that I've had fun. Overall, I think the boat is excellent.

Kayak Covers of Charleston: