Submitted: 07-07-2003 by MadPaddler

I am rating this a 10 because I really, really like this boat. My husband had one first and then I bought one because I liked his so much. It is reasonably fast (although of course long, sleek touring boats are going to be faster) and very stable (boat wakes, no problem). It is a reasonably dry ride, and tracks extremely well and that's without using the rudder. We've only used our rudders a couple of times (windy days) and I'm glad we opted for having rudders because it makes all the difference on those times when you need it.

I like the way Islander makes their hatches. They're not going to pop off like the rubber snap-on hatches on all my other kayaks. Plenty of room for storage (two hatches). Islander has discontinued this model (Why????) so you can get a good price on one IF you can find one. I had to search all over and finally had one shipped in from out of state. It was worth it. This one's a keeper.

Thunder Bay Tourism: