Submitted: 07-07-2003 by dMacy

My wife and I bought our 160T about 2 years ago with minimal experience in the sport. Money, as always, was a serious consideration.

Mainly we just use it to put around in the local lakes, bays, and streams. It's extremely comfortable and handles quite well, either together or solo. We've been on rather fast flowing streams and in windy open lakes and have had no problems with tracking that others have mentioned here. (Our combined weight is about 260 and we carry very little gear, so it's not like we're low in the water.)

We are, however, in the process of replacing the Loon with 2 single kayaks. The reason for the switch is weight. We're both fairly small and taking the 160 out by myself can be a little bit of a bear, but my wife simply can't handle loading and unloading the boat from the car. Overall it's been great fun, I'd have to say it was well worth the money and a very nice kayak to use.

Our Loon does not have the rudder.