Submitted: 07-03-2003 by JBJ

Bought the loon to do fishing on small lakes and ponds. Something I can toss on top of the car and head out for an hour or so. Price and ease to load and unload were two of my main criteria. Price was right. The 111 cartops well on my VW and is easy for me to load and unload. The Loon is stable and handles well on windy days. It doesn't paddle or glide like my 17 ft. sea kayak, but I didn't expect it to. The seating I have had to work on. It is ncomfortable for me to sit in for more that an hour with the seat it comes with. I have adusted the seat and may replace that seat later on with some other type. I wanted the larger cockpit of the 111 cause I wanted easier access for my tackle box and fishing rods. The loon 138 might be a slightly better choice but the extra weight is more than I wanted to handle. If one wanted a boat for touring I would probably consider a larger boat. The loon 111 is a nice starter boat and good for just knocking around. Not for serious kayaking; for that you would need a larger boat and budget. Overall I have been satisfied with the loon in the application I bought it for.