Submitted: 07-02-2003 by L. Robert

I've had my Sultan for two months now. I must say that I agree with all the reviewers on the extremely good performances of that kayak. It simply is the best I've paddle so far. For my part I haven't experience any leaking around the cockpit. My neoprene sprayskirt was custom made for that kayak and fit very tight.

I was surprised than none of the reviewers mentioned the quality of craftsmanship of the glass job. I don't know of any other manufacturer that does such a clean job. Nothing is that smooth on the market. The attention to details is out of this world! The molded fiberglass bulkheads are very nice. The curved one behind the seat is installed in such a way that when you put the kayak upside down to get the water out not a single drop stays in. The skeg is profiled and easy to operate. The rope and cleat system is efficient and won't stick like these slider systems.

There are no gimmicks, just the very high quality of craftsmanship, very good performances and the best deckrigging, footbraces (Yakima type) and hatchcovers (Valley) available on the market. By the way, the front hatch is the same big oval one used for the stern compartment not one of these smaller round ones used by all other manufacturers. You get all that for less money than any comparable (if there is!) kayak on the market! And as if this was not enough, it comes standard with carbon fiber reinforcement in the hull!

I've checked out the other models at my Azul dealer and all of them are made with the same quality. Find the closest dealer and test ride that boat, you'll buy one! I've owned NDK and Current Designs and paddled many others but this is the best I've seen so far.