Submitted: 07-02-2003 by mddaigle1

Great handling on the water. My complaints this time (see Otter review) are with Old Town and the construction. The shipping took about 2 months instead of 5 weeks with no explanation. The reason I bought this boat was because of the comfort of the seat to me in the retail store and the dry storage compartments (did I say dry???) They leak horribly. Yeah sure I can run to home Depot and buy some sealant and try to patch them, but why should I have to? The kayak was also damaged a little (dented) in shipment. I called Cabella's and they said to return it. I said you have to be kidding, so they had Old Town send a repair kit and paint. I think they should consider better packaging and maybe another shipper. Yellow freight is brutal. However, it is a comfortable boat for me at 5'10" and handles great in the water.