Submitted: 06-30-2003 by Gregg

Rock and roll baby, for 300 bucks, who can complain? Once you get it up to speed it goes really straight, and slower you can do a 180 in the surf in about 2 seconds, important if you just surfed into a rock garden and want out! I have taken it into rough surf and all I have to say is wow! Just lean back and watch the twist blast thru the surf. Yeah you get a little wet, but it just blasts thru. Just lean back, and it probably helps if you weight 210 but this thing is designed for larger riders. The twist has only dumped me 2 times in 5 outings, and that is when I got my bow stuck in the sand when I went down a wave wrong. This thing is wide enough that when a wave hits you broadside, you just pop up a little and that's it, I paddled a Scrambler before in okinawa and it wasn't nearly as steady or easy to get back on in deep water. The only thing that keeps this a nine is lack of tie downs, and I'm working on that. Can't be to hard to safely retrofit some extra loops, maybe a hatch, but hey you just saved 200-300 bucks.