Submitted: 06-25-2003 by J. Cody

I live, work, and play in around the coastal waters of sc. I've been kayaking now for almost 10 yrs and love to surf! My first boat was a perception "kahuna", man what a boat. Very unstable so you had to learn to really control the craft and how to move with her. I put many. many miles on that boat. About 2 or 3 years ago it was stolen from my backyard. I used my wifes boat for a while a Perception swing and it was alright but just not my kahuna.

I looked around for another boat looked to Perception and didn't like what I saw, looked at Islander boats, but just didn't like the shape, lack of room, and the flatness of the boat. I also looked at cobra, but didn't like all the hatches, my kahuna had alot of hatches and did they leak!

I was just looking and found my cayman, this was the first boat that I found that I felt comfortable with look wise, shape, depth, and storage. The guy at the shop couldn't give me alot of info so I bought it. I like the boat I paddle the open ocean on a regular basis as well as surf when it's good and have even done some flat water paddling and didn't have any problems. Over all I like the boat I bought. I know this may sound alittle silly but the color is really cool as well.