Submitted: 06-21-2003 by raddog1
This boat was my reintroduction to kayaking. I had been a class 3 river runner in the 80's, but reluctantly left the sport. I bought the loon 111 after trying a couple other similar sized rec boats. For it's price point it met my needs. I have run the Loon 111 in class 2 white water but it's mostly my flat water hunting (duck) and fishing craft. It is very stable for shooting out of, the poly-link material is very quiet, and the size is easy to man-handle. I can drag it easily into beaver ponds where other boaters might not travel. I made a camo cover for the boat, and the deek bag sits on the back behind my seat. The below deck storage is roomy but I can't fit more than a 3 or 4 decoys behind my seat, so I put dry cloths etc in a dry bag back there.

I now own a w/w boat, and am looking for another, a 17 foot long sea kayak which I'm thinking I might sell ( the loon is fine for most of my touring/exploring needs). For an all around little boat it's been a great craft. I use a bent shaft canoe paddle as my "spare"/ sneak paddle, and the typical kayak touring paddle for getting from point A to point B and beyond.