Submitted: 06-16-2003 by Geegeo

I just bought a Zoar Sport this week. Although my wife and I have not great amount of kayaking experiance, we love this little yak. I tried a Current Designs Whistler, looked at an Old Town Nantucket and paddled a Wilderness Systems Cape Horn. The Zoar was way better priced than the Whistler and only slightly more expensive than the Nantucket. The thing that impresses me the most about the Zoar is it's responsiveness while turning. It'll turn on a dime. The tracking seems good, but this is my first experiance with any amount of kayaking and I've still got work to do on my technique. The thigh braces certainly give me more confidence when leaning. I love this little kayak and typically, it rained all weekend. Our first full weekend with it. I'll write another review later this summer. For now though, as a novice paddler, I am very satisified. Great job NECKY.