Submitted: 06-12-2003 by bigbluetruck

I purchased this system under the JEMB brand in 1995, same manufacturer/dealer. You had better be sure this is the right system for you because the thing is LIGHT DUTY ONLY. I was told the unit should be able to handle a 300 lb. capacity. I bought it with the idea of being able to carry multiple boats (canoes & kayaks) to cut down on shuttles during boating club trips. I hated having to drill into the bed to secure the rails. Furthermore, my own fault, I did not use the system under load during the 30 day return period/trial. BETTER MAKE SURE YOU DO! This is an unweildy, flimsy piece of crap. I was mortified how even one canoe (16' royalex mohawk) moved the rack so much when under way. I had people tell me they were nervous to follow me due to the appearence that the rack & boat were going to collapse! I have never used the system w/multiple boats. Most of the time it sits in the basement gathering dust. My wife hates me for it.I wish I could meet some of you who like the system; I would sell it to you for $100.00 just to get some money back on this bad purchase. In fact, if you are still within your 30 day period, please contact me-I also have six pads I purchased as well. Like I said, it is only good for light loads.If you want a real rack, one that will really carry the load, try Trac Rac. I purchased this system one year ago, I haven't been disappointed. It's more expensive, but you don't drill holes in the bed (for the most part), customer service is excellent (the "other" company is NOT) and I've strapped four canoes to the thing and had a rock solid ride.