Submitted: 06-06-2003 by JHD

Let me begin by saying that I have been diving for over 12 years in southern California. I've owned a series of different kayaks over the years. The Fish n' Dive kayak is made just for that. It's excellent for diving because of the low and wide platform in the water. The ease of entry onto the boat, as well as stability is second to none. The hatches make for quick work of storing and handling gear (which will get wet) while in 3 to 4 ft swells. Not to mention, you can stand up easily on it. You may fall off, but just try this on another kayak, and your sure to get a gulp of some salty water...It's not a fast boat, but it keeps up extremely well.

Fishing is incredible. There is plenty of room for 2 rods! I've kept a cooler of food, a net, an anchor, a dry bag, a wet bag for fish, and my kayak wheels with me all at one time. I had room to spare and move around in. This does not hinder the speed at which you paddle all that much at all.

The kayak has such a flat bottom, that you virtually sit on TOP of the water. For all the novice kayaker's out there, deeply consider this one. I'll tell you why... I've owned a "fast" kayak. You need skill and alot of balance. There also isn't much room for anything else on fast kayaks. Fast kayaks are great, but own one more stable first.

You don't have to accept my input, but realize that I am speaking from 10 years of kayaking experience. The fish and dive is just incredible for the applications it was built for. Consider also where and what you will be doing when you buy a kayak. If you're going far, consider something longer and narrower (no storage and easy tipping over) in length. Are there two of you? Get a tandem. The fish and dive sports a second seat not intended for forward motion.

I think instead it was gear for being able to maneuver around the boat and have a second vantage point. If you want a fun time in a harbor or dive site, look no further than the fish and dive.

The Fish n' Dive Cobra kayak is the only sit-on-top kayak that you can sit sideways on and not flip over. In fact, it is just as hard to flip over siting sideways as it is facing forewards. This is an incredible feature if you plan to use it on a dive to a local dive or fishing spot! I've even gone so far as to have 4 or five kayaks anchored together and have a picnic on the open water.... I should've gotten paid for this review. I don't want money, just get your Fish n' Dive and let's go paddle

Vasa, Inc.: