Submitted: 06-06-2003 by RCKlueg

I've had my 2002 Caroline for a year now, so it's time to give my long-term impression. It is the first kayak I have owned, though I have tried out others belonging to friends and have had canoing experience. I am 5'7", 160 lbs. Most of my use is on a lake, usually 2 or 3 times a week when the lake isn't frozen over, plus a bit of river use. I could not be more pleased with my experience. Despite winds and motorboat wakes, I never feel any danger of flipping over. I think a boat would have to directly hit me to flip me. And I can't imagine what use a rudder would be, it tracks and handles for me as well as I need. I did have a little problem with the "oil can" effect on the bottom, but I put some weights on the part where it was bowing (just to the front of the seat), and it flattened out again most of the way. For my money, it is a great kayak.