Submitted: 05-30-2003 by CD

I bought this boat a couple of months ago, with my selection based on the best intersect of low cost, durability, size (I need it light for one-man car-topping and short for garage storage), and reasonable expectations of decent performance. I took it out for the first time today, and spent a great 4 hours on a local lake with it. This little boat tracked well, paddled easily and remained stable on still water or heavy chop, heading into the wind, away from it or sideways to it. I'm not a hardcore paddler (my only previous experience has been a Sea Eagle 330 inflatable and a few rental aluminum canoes), and I can tell that a longer kayak would be even better, but for my purposes this is a great boat. It's not a speed demon but nor is it a slug, and the tracking is excellent even with my amateurish paddling technique. I would highly recommend the Manatee (or its apparent twin the Keowee) for any beginners or occasional paddlers who want something easy to own and enjoy.