Submitted: 05-29-2003 by Mark

I bought the cape horn last year after test driving down in annapolis and liked it right away. It tracked straight and with a little practice with some lean turns is turned pretty good. It is more stable then it looks, I've done turns with the water coming over the skirt with out feeling unstable at all. I bought an older cape horn without the phase 3 seat but worked a deal and had the seat thrown in with it. it was a simple install and love it. The boat is great on the reservoir. I took the boat down cape hatteras and out in the sound an it rode great. I did find that in any type of waves or heavy current you needed the rudder with out killing yourself paddling. It was extremly stable in the waves. One day they were big enough to have the nose going under water but the boat was perfectly stable. Now the problems the hatches leak and i mean on flat water mildly paddling my rear hatch would have an inch or so of water after a couple of hours of paddling. So what I did is use some silicon spray I used redwings boot waterprofing. and I also had some rubber door seal laying around so I put that around both hatch covers. I havn't had a drop go in the hatches since. The other problem I had with the hatches is that the neoprene covers are next to impossible to put back on once removed. I avoid removing the front cover because it takes so long to put it back. The last problem I have is leg room. I weigh 210 and about 6 foot on longer paddles my legs get a little numb. its hard to move around but not impossible. All and all I love the boat and the little problems I had were easily fixed I would highly recomend this boot if you are on larger water creeks and faster moving rivers I with I still had the dagger blackwater but speed and swells the cape horn is the way to go.