Submitted: 05-27-2003 by CBW

What a great boat. I was looking for a good kayak to use on a nearby large lake and chose the Blackwater 11.5 after paddling several similar models. The Blackwater handled the best and had the fit I wanted. I used to paddle whitewater, so I wanted a boat that responded similarly. The Blackwater does that. With the skeg down this boat tracks straight as an arrow even in windy choppy conditions. With the skeg up I can maneuver any which way easily. As for speed, this boat is plenty fast and I get very little splash over the bow except when its pretty windy with chop. Overall I'm very pleased. I do wish they could put the Wilderness Systems Phase3 seat in the Daggers. Those seats are incredibly comfortable, and I would like a little bigger cockpit so my dog could ride along. No leaks seen in the bulkhead yet. If you want a good stable boat for lakes and rivers I would highly recommend checking out the Blackwater 11.5.