Submitted: 05-27-2003 by DMB

This is my second season with the Rogue and I must say that I am now forever a We-no-nah believer. The Rogue handles exceptionally well in fast water rock gardens. It sideslips beautifully and the 3” of rocker allows you to pick your way though the densest of rock gardens. It feels a little ‘tippy’ but the secondary stability is amazing, making the Rogue VERY stable in up to Class III rapids. The 24” flared bow keeps almost all splash over out of the boat. I have yet to end up with much more than a half inch or an inch of water in the boat at the bottom of some very technical Class III rapids. It does not paddle well in flat water and the oversized bow catches a lot of wind, even if you are in a little current. However, the Rogue is a river runner and not designed to be an all around ‘suv’ canoe, and it does do well anytime you are in moving water with no wind. I would recommend the Rogue to anyone who spends most of their time in fast water.