Submitted: 05-26-2003 by tnave

I purchased my Pungo 140 a couple of weeks ago. I have now taken it out a few times and feel I'm ready to give a review. This is my first Kayak and honestly I have not spend that much time in many different boats. I demo'd or tried a few, but only for a short time period. When I tried the Pungo it stood out as the best boat for what I was looking for.

The Pungo 140's large cockpit makes it very comfortable. The Phase 3 seating is outstanding and in a class by itself. The rear storage hatch is perfect for a overnight or weekend campout. I do plan to add a front bulkhead, when I can find the time. There's plenty of storage behind the seat (in front of the bulkhead) to place "quick grab" items.

On the water, the boat is very stable. It track excellantly and seems very fast. It does not turn as fast as a smaller boat (like a Swifty) but you wouldn't expect it to. Also, I know I have a lot of techiniques to learn. I bought the "mini-skirt" to go with my Pungo. This is really nice when the water is a little cool.

Overall, I'd highly recommend the Pungo 140 to someone that is looking for a boat of this class.

Space Trailers :