Submitted: 05-21-2003 by grizzman

I recently purchased a Pack canoe after studying a number of models. The reviews I read here were the clincher for my decision. My first time out I thought I had made a terrible mistake. "Tippy" But as the previous reviewer stated, a couple more trips and I'm totally comfortable. Having owned a larger heavier canoe that was great when I had kids at home who wanted to go along but when they all went their own ways, the canoe sat for months as it was too heavy to load and I got tired of trying to find someone to go along. Now I drive to the parking area, put the Pack on my shoulder and walk to where I want to launch. No waiting in lines or not going to a particular place because the launch area is too far from the parking. I use a five and a half foot paddle and go anywhere I want but do agree, if you want speed, a kayak paddle would be better. I'm grateful for those who wrote the previous reviews for helping me make the right decision and to be able to be on the water again.