Submitted: 05-19-2003 by Chris Wiencek

Having read the other reviews, I find myself in agreement. I too was a first time buyer and I love this kayak. I'd gone to a number of "paddlefests" and tried a number of kayaks but this was by far the best of the ones I tried. It's very stable--not tippy. I wanted a kayak with a comfortable, high back seat. Best of all, I paid $299 and the kayak comes with a paddle. That makes it a great entry level kayak. I'm neutral at this time about the removable seat and the built in/graduated foot pegs. Fully adjustable foot pegs are preferable but they are not worth 2 or 3 times the price of this kayak. I was concerned about the width--I thought it would interfere with paddling but it does not. I think that is because you sit higher in this kayak because they included floatation under the seat. Like other reviewers, tracking is an issue but I have not yet put in the "fin". I'm hoping that helps. I saw 1 reviewer made a custom fin that was "deeper". Sounds like a good idea if the fin included with the kayak is not up to the task. All in all, I love this kayak.