Submitted: 05-15-2003 by ibmikie

I've just rented a Cobra Explorer today, and had a lot of fun with it. The Explorer is very stable and fast enough, for a boat of this size. I have read reviews about poor secondary stability, but I didn't experience that at all. The Explorer takes advantage of deck space. Their are lots of Flat spots, for adding hatches, or fishing gear. The boat felt stable enough to open the large front hatch while afloat. This is something I would never do in my Necky Spike. I also like the higher seat without scupperholes. nobody wants to sit in a puddle of water all day. On the down side the loud shop against the Explorers hull made it vibrate, and feel a little flimsy. The cockpit feels a little cramped, compared to some other brands. Overall I think this is a good choice for short touring, and fishing. I am going to test a few other boats, but I will put this one high on my list.