Submitted: 05-13-2003 by Katydid
I've had my plastic Shadow for about 4 years. I used to paddle a full-sized Sea Lion which I loved, but it was too big for me (I'm 5'4'', 140 lbs)- I had to put a cushion behind my back to reach the pedals. I wanted a boat that would fit my short legs but still have enough speed to keep up with my husband, and the Shadow fit the bill. I do have a problem with it weathercocking in the slightest wind, making it necessary to use the rudder almost all of the time - I wish it came with a skeg instead. Manuverability is good for swamp-poking. Handling is squirrely in following seas, with the bow tending to toss back and forth even with the rudder. Storage is more than adequate for overnight camping. All in all, a pretty good boat. I just got a fiberglass Currituck, but I'll be keeping the Shadow for a guest boat.