Submitted: 05-12-2003 by Bill K

I have been looking for a short kayak I could put on the back of my SeaRay 27 so I could fish and mess around when we take the SeaRay out and anchor. After looking at almost everything, I purchased a Pungo 10. It is the perfect size and weight which allows me to pick it up and put it on my SeaRay. The Phase 3 seat is very comfortable and the quality of the kayak is better than others I looked at in this size and price range.

I took my 8 year old daughter with me to buy the kayak and she decided it was for her rather than for me. When we got home and put it in the water, she took it out first and I was amazed how well she could paddle it. I have found it to be a nice boat, it tracks well, and is about as fast as you can expect for a 10 footer.

I have the feeling I'm going to be buying another one as the first one now goes by the name "Girls Express", fortunately, I already measured and I can put 2 of them on the SeaRay if I stack them sideways.

This is a fun little boat, I wouldn't recommend it for long, overnight trips, but for just getting in and having fun, it is great. We use it on a S.W. Florida bay to tour the mangroves or go out to watch dolphins and sunsets.