Submitted: 05-09-2003 by Bod

I spent six months paddling in Siberia with a Lendal Paddlock (4 part) system. I took two sets of carbon modified crank shafts and two sets of blades (the Archipelago and slightly larger Nordkapp) both in Carbon N12 composite. I can't praise them enough. We took a lot of gear on the trip and the paddles stood out as easily the best kit we had. The fact that they split into 4 makes them so easy to transport. The Paddlock system is excellent - over six months of continuous use we had no problems, they were rock solid when together yet came apart easily when we wanted them to. They were a joy to paddle with - the modified crank took all the strain out of the paddling.

Just as an addition, when I got home I needed a new whitewater paddle. Instead of buying a whole paddle I just got a short shaft which I use with my Nordkapp blades to give a great, reasonably light, whitewater paddle.

New York Kayak Co.: