Submitted: 05-05-2003 by Scott

I've had mine for 2 years now and love it. It's a great, lightweight, one person canoe for recreational paddling, exploring and fishing. When you first try it out in the water you'll think it's incredably unstable and your bound to get wet. Relax and play around a bit, after 30 minute to an hour of getting used to it the first time you feel perfectly comfortable. (you'll only roll if your afraid and stiffen up) I've used mine on river, streams, small trout lakes and Boundary Waters canoe trips. It's my favorite of the 4 canoes that I own (an ancient fiberglass tank capable of crossing Lake Superior, a 15' Old Town, and a Winona Sundowner - my BWCA workhorse for more than a decade) for just going out an having fun paddling. Definately use a long kayak paddle, you sit up higher than a kayak so you need the extra reach or you'll bring a lot of water into the boat. It tracks amazingly well for a 12' canoe. And without packs in the Pack you won't have too much trouble keeping up with the Kevlar speedsters loaded down on a BWCA trip.