Submitted: 04-28-2003 by waterblip

This is a good boat, much more stable then similar ones that were demoed. The integeral rudder is capable of impresive tight turns when combined with proper paddling technique. The rudder was the whole reason I chose this boat. The boat had to be capable of a long trip, yet comfortable and manuverable on a medium sized river. The river is shallow in areas with some small rapids here and there so the flush rudder was the only way to go. Ihave also had the boat on Lake superior big waves are a blast. I look forward ocean use off the coast of Maine. As this boat was discountinued in 2001 it made it hard to find the color I wanted. A few may still be found new if you look hard. The one complaint I did have was a minimum amount of leakage with the lake Superior trip, which is the reason it only scores 8/10.