Submitted: 04-28-2003 by tlb
The photo of the Pungo 140 on the Wilderness Systems website, gives the false impression that the hull is flat; of the "caution wide load", recreational kayaks of similar dimensions ( made by the 7 different manufacturers that I looked at), this one had the least flat hull. During the demo it surpassed my expectations - I can not add much to what has already been said in the other reviews except that it car tops more easily than my Walden Scout, paddles as fast & tracks as well as my Prijon Calabria, and the seat is most comfortable of any kayak I have ever paddled. More deck bungies would be nice and if you intend to paddle with a canine passenger, see if the cockpit is roomy enough for the two of you before you buy. I intend to enjoy the Pungo in paddling conditions for which it was designed. My wife has asked me to stop paddling beyond the jetties and out to the one mile buoy - due to the open cockpit, I might modify my routine slightly.