Submitted: 04-21-2003 by dk883

Terrific poly 14'6" value boat. I own a Necky Looksha Sport 14'4" and rave about it to everyone so I was looking forward to testing my girlfriends new Woodsman, especially since it cost less than half. I can honestly say I am impressed! This boat retails for $399.00 & a $39.00 credit towards accessories at Galyans. It comes with a sealed hatch and deck rigging front and rear. It's not light at 57lbs. We had heard it weathercocks and yes, it does, but if your technique can adapt to this boat it's not a bother. I found it easy to learn to paddle straight in a short time. It's extremely stable, turns very good, and certainly a lot faster than anything else in this price range.

Small enough for small rivers and large enough for ocean bays. You could spend $300-$400 for a lot of 10-12' boats and wish you had something longer but then maybe you always wish you had something longer until you have to carry it for a distance. I guess 14-15' is a nice size for me and where I live in MA. We just couldn't find anything 14' for less than $800.00 Compared to other $399 boats its a 10+ compared to other 14' boats its still an honest 7.5.

Thunder Bay Tourism: