Submitted: 04-21-2003 by Wildwater
I purchased this boat for my daughter, and she loves it. It is green, mostly kevlar, I believe - maybe 38 pounds. I agree with parts of all the reviews below this one. I have to SAY that the Indy is fast and pretty. Yes, there may be many better river boats. I, personally, consider this a flatwater canoe. It can handle moderate rivers with a good paddler, but will probably not turn as well as a true river-runner. But she is fast, fast on flatwater (I'm a kayaker - seriously this canoe is fast). The cane seat is comfortable enough, but it sits low, with only about 1 1/2" dowels to be removed to get it higher. I'm a kneeler, and the stability is good kneeling. I forgot to stick my feet out in front, but it's probably a bit tippier, then. I'm 5'10", 205 lbs, and I've enjoyed paddling this boat. It doesn't have the "personality" of my Wildfire, but it tracking is true and straight. Low profile, and I believe it is good in wind. Not recommended for long crossings in large waves. Nice, nice canoe for most purposes...

New York Kayak Co.: